Twitter

21 April 2008

Neverwhere Everywhere

 suggested that I read Neverwhere by Neil Gaimen, so I did and I loved it.

I was so enthralled by it that I ordered the original DVD series and the graphic novel!

While they don't add to the story (the book version being the most complete) the graphic novel apparently presents the story better visually speaking and the original series is where it all started (I've read all about the video/film issues but that's ok)

The whole lot got me really interested in the disused underground tube stations of London. One of my company's clients is responsible for the London underground, could you imagine getting a tour of the accessible ones?

Would love to see an expansion on the story.

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah for me!

    Seriously, I'm really really glad you liked it! It's one of my favourite books. I've not read the graphic novel but I have glanced at it and I was so saddened by how, well, sexy, Door is. It just doesn't seem right.

    And yes, it would be all kinds of awesome to tour those disused stations...

    I believe that Henson Films have asked NG to polish his Neverwhere film script, so perhaps there's a possibility of a Neverwhere movie in the next few years. (On the down side, it might be set in New York, which is just wrong.)

    ReplyDelete