Twitter

17 November 2004

Half Life 2

Grrrr!!! I'd rather be singing the praises of Half Life 2 right now but
that's unfortunately not the case.

lady_bastet bought it for me on her way home from work. I've
been waiting on this game, like many fans, for months (if not a year or so).

What has me angry is the amount of internet registering you have to do. You
can't actually play this game if you don't have an internet connection (at
least to register).

I installed the game (3.5GB), went online, updated the game engine
automatically, had to create an account (kept dropping out due to number of
users on servers), registered CD Key to activate game (kept dropping out
again) and finally activate the local game files.

After that I was under the impression I could play the game without the
internet but it just doesn't seem to want to work.

I'll try again tonight after work :(

ME WANT GAME NOW

2 comments:

  1. you're not the only one frustrated by these sorts of problems, which seem only to plague users who bought boxed versions of the game. story on it here:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4019095.stm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally got it working. Even after all the stuff I mentioned in my main post, it had to download an update for Half Life 2 itself but then it was done.

    Playing my brains out now. It is excellent, the facial and character animations, new storyline, atmosphere, vehicles!!!

    ReplyDelete