Twitter

11 March 2005

Nerdy BIOS Post

Made a few modifications to my PC last night using my BIOS.

Upped my processor power by adjusting the FSB. Was running at 1.2GHz, got it to output 2.1GHz. Not over clocking or anything, just the wrong FSB value selected. Silly me!

I also flashed the BIOS to the latest version, which added the ability to boot from USB flash drives among other things.

Finally, I disabled a bunch of functions which I don't use, including COM ports, the parallel port, the game port & FireWire. Just to clean things up in Windows.

5 comments:

  1. don't understand you,, but waves hello anyway!

    Is your lovely missus ever going to post on LJ?? It would be great to chat with Tash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's back posting every now and then. Friends only so I must check if you're set up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like I am not a friend :(

    She's added to my friends list, Iw as hoping one day she would post! Gabi has her down as a friend as well... but i'll understand if she want to keep things really small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've set you guys all up as friends. You should be able to see her journal entries if you're logged in now.

    She posts via email, but can only check replies every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete