Twitter

18 August 2010

Gaming

I finished up with the epic Fallout 3 a few weeks back. It was a shame to come to the end of it. Nearly 200 hours invested, all quests completed, all expansions completed so there’s little left to explore. Oh well, had to end sometime.

So I jumped into F.E.A.R. which is a much more linear affair. I completed that in a few days. It had some great creepy moments but felt very clinical compared to the diverse environments and scope of Fallout 3.

I’ve moved onto the F.E.A.R. Files which is the 2 expansions for F.E.A.R. Same mechanics and had one hell of a scare last night. Creepy music, torchlight died, poor light, screaming ghoul splat up against maternity room window in hospital. Holy crap!

Not content with one game at a time, I’m also playing Braid on Xbox Live Arcade, multiple PopCap casual games on my netbook in work at lunch (Peggle, Insaniquarium, Bejeweled, etc.) and finally Farmville.

I held off on Farmville for ages and was initially critical of it but it has some good gaming elements, ribbons (achievements), progressive levelling tools, etc.

I’ve been using a service called Raptr to capture all of these. It tracks when you’re playing, achievements you get, when you install new games, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment