Twitter

23 May 2007

Last Steps

Things are going from strength to strength with the Home Server. It's all up & running now on the network. Installed all Windows Updates via Remote Desktop & installed the Office Viewers but I think I'll leave it at that on the software side of things.

Ran a last sync with SyncToy of my music & videos to my external hard drive & connected it to server. Did this as it'd be much faster than transferring it all over wireless. Will get around to photos later.

I've installed the connector on my desktop & the notebook. Had some bother with seeing the server on the notebook but realised I had to allow access in the OneCare firewall. Once that was sorted, everything worked fine.

I may have a go at enabling remote access this evening.

3 comments:

  1. babe, you only talk computers, my poor feeble female brain does not comprehend, how the devil are YOU not your computer :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm a technomaniac.

    But I see great benefits in the things I'm making up so it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey it's okay- I whitter on about dolls pretty much non stop- look at us conforming to gender stereotypes!

    ReplyDelete