Twitter

30 September 2005

New Ext HD

The new external hard drive is working out great. It's preformatted with FAT32 which suits me fine as it ensures better cross platform support.

Threw everything from My Documents except My Music, Pictures, Podcasts & Videos onto it, as well as some straggler files from the root of my C: drive from the last format.

The re-organisation also spurred me to re-sort my downloaded applications. I use CNET Downloads to categorise them & create folders to match. Keeps things in order.

This is my last day in the ESB too. Onward to new things!

4 comments:

  1. if you are stuck for something to do take a look at the front page of the site www.gothichaven.com then the shop.. Simon wants to make a 'splash'page out of the front old home page but as it is so highly ranked by the google bots we don't want to loose it all together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if a splash page is a good idea. Look at this article which critiques them.

    I used to have one but got bored of it myself because it added an extra layer to the navigation.

    Other articles:
    http://www.search-marketing.info/traps/splash.htm
    http://www.trap17.com/index.php/splash-screen-good-bad_t23441.html

    It's up to yourselves in the end but be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm this is where I am already out of my depth I have forward it to Simon to have a look at he is R0chet on LJ if you want to add him perhaps you guys can get a pre -whitby dialogue going. How's Tash today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. onto new things

    yes onto new things,youre going to make a great butler,by the way i like my morning newspaper to be ironed,and i would prefer if you laid out my days clothes on the right hand side of the bed,thank you,his excellency tabilities,president for life

    ReplyDelete