Twitter

03 October 2005

Today I...

I went down to lodge my redundancy cheque & 2 cheques for my mum. No bother there, just a bit of a queue. Checked on pass machine of all was ok & it was.

Then in, order to keep things moving, I headed down to the social services office to setup claiming Unemployment Benefit. Lesson one learned, blend in with the natives. I was only just in the door & two travelers (must be polite) started giving me verbals. Wasn't bothered as I was going to the other end of the room. But they followed me & proceeded to give me the Spanish Inquisition about this & that. Just gave them flippant answers & was called up in about 5 minutes. I have a few bits of paperwork to gather up & get my P45 from ESB & then that'll be out of the way.

Now on to prep for Wednesday's interview...

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the interview- I'm sure you'll do well!
    I remember my last visit to the job centre, it was descending into the 7th circle of hell- hopefully you won't have to do it too often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jobcentre **shudders**!! they really ought to have a non scum job centre, for eople that actually give a shit about working!

    All the best, you will be fine :)

    I'll light a candle for you, it has worked for others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I do have to head down again. I'll be sure to blend in.

    Shame to have to betray who I am but in Finglas you don't take chances. I did get threatened by the 2 blokes that if they saw me around, they'd beat me up. Idle threats but still off putting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is freaky. It's part of the reason I've gone back to having short hair - it just sometimes easier not to draw attention to yourself.

    ReplyDelete