Twitter

19 July 2005

Peter Murphy Gig

Met up with a few people from Dominion beforehand in Eamon Doran's before heading onto the TBMC, then hung out in the beer garden for a short while. When we went back downstairs it was still a bit of a wait before he came on.

Finally, things kicked off. As I've mentioned on a few others LJs, I don't know much stuff by Peter Murphy as a solo artist but I really enjoyed it. I've read a bit about him diversifying into broader styles with middle eastern influences but there was no evidence of that, just dark (the lighting helps) & powerfully sung music.

I won't even attempt to highlight songs as Cuts You Up is the only track I've actually heard but there were some beautiful acoustic renditions too.

Really glad I went, I sometimes skip over gigs out of laziness but this was well worth it.

Photos at http://www.photobox.ie/album/1598629

No comments:

Post a Comment