Twitter

04 July 2005

War Of The Worlds

I went to see War Of The Worlds with ickle_tayto on Sunday. Hadn't investigated any reviews beforehand so I very few preconceptions apart from the trailers.

I've never been any good at analysing the quality of movies such as acting, plot, etc. except in really extreme cases were it's poor. That being said I enjoyed the movie a lot.

The tripods & their destructive methods were impressive. Sort of reminded me in Half-Life 2 trying to kill the Striders.

Cruise & his kids' struggle to find safety & survive is a little "headless chicken"-esque but you can't blame them.

But the feeling of futility was put across well, illustrated via the desperate attempts to survive & of course the massive extermination of people.

All in all, I'm looking forward to the sequel when George W. Bush launches a nuke attack on Mars but they block that & say they'll no longer attack Earth if they can anally probe Bush with a tripod leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment