Twitter

11 August 2005

Firefox

Following _wirehead_ & ferrousoxide's advice, I re-downloaded Firefox to give it a go again. Fiddling with it in work atm.

It is very quick & the RSS integration is nice but it doesn't work on my site. Why? Because the company I have blaquewraith.com registered with, Namezero, forwards domains. As a result my Eircom hosted site is embedded in a frame with Namezero. Although I've included the meta code for RSS, it only shows up if you go straight to my Eircom page.

Any suggestions???

5 comments:

  1. i've not done a whole lot with RSS stuff. but probably more information is needed. what happens exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not to do with RSS, per se. The Firefox RSS button shows up if I open http://homepage.eircom.net/~blaquewraith because this is the page I've coded to include the meta RSS tag.

    Unfortunately, Namezero that hosts www.blaquewraith.com only forwards domains. So essentially, my Eircom page is a frame in Namezero. Firefox & any other browsers can't drill down thru nested frames for the feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eww... sounds like you need less lame webhosting? ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup, you could move the site and dns to me ;) framed re-direct works with nothing but browsers, ulsess they let you edit the main frame in which case you can then add the rss meta to it

    ReplyDelete