Twitter

10 August 2005

Model/Portfolio Photography

Ordered 2 books from Amazon UK on model/portfolio photography. Had a gift voucher so they only cost me €25.

Professional Model Portfolios: A Step-by-step Guide for Photographers  The Portrait Photographer's Guide to Posing

The first looks a bit "glossy" from the sample photos but maybe the articles will have some insight. The second has viewable sections on Amazon US & looks pretty good.

Going to have a go at model/portfolio photography in the next few weeks. Have a few people in mind to ask but if anyone's interested, I'd be glad to have some guinea pigs.

5 comments:

  1. You started 3 months too late. Meanie. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, sorry about that. Still only in the learning phase & planning things out.

    Would have loved to photograph you as you're very beautiful in the pictures I've managed to see in work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure to let me know if those books have any good techniques and tips. I'm always looking for good how--to guides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, thanks - that means a lot right now. And who knows - opportunities to travel do happen, and paths can re-converge in some pretty weird (but cool) ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mixed reviews on Amazon but I'll be critical when I get them myself.

    I'll let you know if they're any good

    ReplyDelete